Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SOTM Blog Hop - April 2010

Hello again! We are Blog Hopping again for the stamp of the month. This month the stamp set is Flower Pot - you can get if free with an order!

If you are hopping you should have come from Misty's blog. If not, just keep hopping and you will come full circle.

I started this card and then relized that I forgot one of my best friend's birthday - by one day! What a stinker I am! So I decided to do this as a birthday card for one of my best friends Patti!

Sorry if the pictures are dark. I stamped the flower pots and window in Chocolate Ink on Colonial Cream cardstock. I used Moon Doggie paper with the wood beams to make it look like the side of a house. I stamped the window on the wood beam B&T and on the back side of the wood beam B&T (it's red on the back and I cut out the shutters) and cut out all the different parts. I cut out the window all the way thru the front of the card and put a piece of clear acetate for the glass.

I was playing with my blending brush - it gave a texture (that was by accident - over use of the brush) and it blended the shadow on the pots. Maybe next time I'll use Stazon Ink for the image so that the edges don't get lost.


The inside - and yes, that's my daughter's signature! She's 4!



I used a piece of left over material from another project (soon to be posted) for the window shade, can you see the shine of the "glass" from the window??!! No way could I cut out really close around those flowers! I used Sunflower Marker, Citrus Leaf Marker and Bamboo Marker for coloring in all the images.

The material was fringed already - it looks like a shade (in my mind) :)
Ok, now hop on over to Shannon's blog to see more great work using this stamp set!
Thanks for Looking!

15 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the left over fabric for the curtains. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using plastic to create a real window. How fun that you made the card look like the side of a house. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so sweet. Your window is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your woodgrain for the side of the house is nice. And I really like the 'empty' pots sitting off to the side. Gives the scene some realism. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I love the "shade".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of moondoggie for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card. Love all the different materials you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card! I'm sure your friend will love it. (BTW, I believe in celebrating my birthday all month, not just one day, so now you can start that trend with your friend.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card; the window is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the window and curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I didn't notice the itty bitty curtain. How darling! I just loved the wood grain look too!! That was what really caught my eye until I saw that darling bitty curtain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the "siding"! Great idea with the fabric for the curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the window dressing. Very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails