Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stamp of the Month - August - Something Splendid

We are on another blog hop!
August's Stamp is Something Splendid.
If you hopped from Michelle Loncar's blog you are on the right track, otherwise, keep hopping and you will do a full circle.

I used a square Clear Card for the base and I stamped the "sunflowers" (that's what they look like to me) onto the front with Stazon Brown Ink. Then I stamped the same image onto the Sunny Yellow cardstock using Bamboo Ink so it doesn't show up too much, but does make the brown darker. I stamped the leaves onto white cardstock. The leaves are Sweet leaf ink with a little rocking onto the Garden Green Ink pad to get the edges darker. I stamped the vain in Garden Green and went over the white vine (where it didn't line up - the vain was for a different leaf).
Love the Paper Butterfly!

I stamped "Enjoy Life" using our White Ink and put another butterfly in the bottom corner - sorry it's not focusing well. In person, the card is dramatic with the black behind the yellow.
Thanks for looking.
Now hop to Dawn Ross' Blog to see more great artwork with this stamp set!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card you've made! I love to see examples of our clear cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It just screams sunflowers and the goodness of summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clear card and the little butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea to stamp the image on the front and put paper on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that card! Love the little butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the clear cards and this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails