Tuesday, November 30, 2010

December Stamp Of The Month Blog Hop

It's here again - the hop and can you believe it's December!  Santa's on his way!  You should be coming from Adeline Brill's blog, if not just keep hopping and you will make a complete circle.

This month stamp set is Amore D1445 - Close To My Heart is always 2 months ahead with their stamp of the month's so even though it's Christmas time, this stamp set is geared towards Valentine's day - Aren't they smart at Corporate!

I made two simple cards, again using a stash that I had pre created from a workshop months ago but I just felt the colors were perfect for Valentine's Day cards. 
I did a second generation stamp for the heart and then stamped the LOVE over it - using the same color, the heart just looks lighter. I also, love the boarder stamp of hearts - I used that along the edge on the darker pink.  The ink I used is Hollyhock.
The card below I added tiny hearts to the B&T paper to match the words.
I just felt that these cards weren't enough so I started playing with the large heart stamp.  
I bent the top in more before stamping the image so that it was more like a heart then how it sat on the sheet.  I stamped it in Hollyhock ink and then took the Tulip Marker and traced some of the lines. 

I added extra dots everywhere. (I call this doodling!  I LOVE TO DOODLE!) Using a White gel pen I added some highlights down the center of the leaves, under edges and a few white dots here and there.  To finish it off I took Liquid Glass and dotted all the dots with it to give it a shine.  I don't think my camera caught the shine.  I sponged around the torn edges with Hollyhock. 
I mounted it on Chocolate cardstock that I got wet and crunched in my hand to create a quick pleat.  Let me know what you think!

Now, hop over to Chris Shouse's blog and see what she created with this great stamp set!

7 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the wreath. Great idea to make it into a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail work on the wreath stamp! The ruffle is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so lovely! I love all the work on your last one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails