Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stamp Of The Month Blog Hop!

Happy New Year!

If you are hopp'in on the blog hop you just came from Cindy Leek's site. Keep going and it will loop around if you are just starting here.
January's stamp set is called True Friends - and I have a few of them! In fact, this set made me think of one I don't see enough - Ann! She'll get this card! I started with our Colonial White base card and added Creme Brulee cardstock for the top and the stripe paper is from our NEW Creative Basics paper kit called Veranda - love the colors and patterns! I stamped the frame twice, once in green and cut out around the outer edge, and a second one, I cut out the center and put it on foam squares to life it off the card. I used Creme Brulee Marker to fill in the hearts and sponged the edge of the inside piece. The ribbon is not in the new catty - oops, not sure if it's discontinued! But I think it's from our Christmas Round Set.

I felt the bottom was too plain so I used a Martha Stewart Edge punch to cut out two rows and I layered them so that the Colonial White cardstock peeks over and under the Creme Brulee cardstock.

Inside I put a little stripe on top and on the bottom for the stripe paper and I used Daisy White ink for the frame and did the same as the cover minus the foam squares.

Hope you like it! Now head over to the next blog which is Sylvia Jacquot's blog - enjoy!

22 comments:

  1. Your card to beautiful! I especially love how you finished the inside. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - gotta love the Martha punches (I had to use mine this month as well!). Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The edge detail is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous! I love the dimension and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is just gorgeous! And I love the idea of cutting out the center from a second piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors, beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card and nice job on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also see a lacy trim with this stamp set - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! All the little details add so much to this card. Truly a work of HeART!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Wishing you the best in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW I LOVE the colors!! My husband saw this and said he liked the colors too (Wouldn't you know he loves anything with green in it! :)) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this card is awesome! i love the 3-d affect..not to mention the punching...it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a dimension girl and can hardly complete a project without my pop tape/dots. Thanks for showcasing the awesome dimension and I also love how you finished the inside of the card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the paper piecing you did with the label. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. Really like the dimension you added by cutting out the label and mounting it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Love your 'finishing' details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card - love your dimension - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails