Friday, December 11, 2009

Gift Card for a Friend

I received an email from a good friend asking if I could make some gift cards - they have a travel business and so I got all excited to try it. Of course the perfect stamp set I don't have, but she's into stamping and scrapbooking so I called her with idea. Several times I asked "do you have Summer 2008 catalog?", "What about the Winter 2008?" and it was fun because she had everyone I wanted her to look at for different papers and layout ideas! Nothing like having someone on the same page as you!
This is what we came up with. It's out of the 2008 Summer Catty - All I did was copy the layout and print out A Gift of Travel from my inkjet printer onto Colonial White Cardstock. I even stitched around the top of the card like the sample in the book!The bottom of the card needs something, but I don't have a lot of travel stamps to make it work better - they were happy with them just as they were. I ended up having three done for them in one night. Met Linda for lunch and gave them to her. There's also Indian Corn Blue ric rac ribbon between the two sections. I put Bamboo cardstock mats in the inside and I created a mat for his business card for the inside on the left out of Chocolate. Too bad this paper is now discontinued - Route 66, the map is a great page. The other paper that we had was Vintage Travel and that's discontinued too - bummer. Going to need to figure out a new layout for future cards! Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails