Monday, May 31, 2010

June SOTM Blog Hop

Hello Again!

We are hopping thru the June Stamp of the Month - see what over 70 ladies have created with this same stamp set - see how creative we can get!
You should have come from Jen Patrick's Blog, if you are starting here first, that is ok too - keep hopping and you will come full circle!
I did a card for my Father for Father's Day. I wanted to use several stamps from this set - I really liked this one!

I stamped the argyle print on a piece of white cardstock and then cut it out, sponged the edge. I stamped the pocket watch onto the white card, but I didn't like the messy spot so I stamped the My Hero, My Friend and cut it out and put it over the smugged area. I used Rustic Alphabet Stamp set to stamp the word DAD. I cut them out and glued them on.
I used foam squares to raise the circle so that it stood out

For the inside this setup was by accident - I was priming the stamp when I stamped these words over a pocket watch that was on scratch paper and like it!

Now, continue hopping by clicking here to go to Kristie Herdener's Blog!

10 comments:

  1. Love it Mary! Great job! Your "accident" turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! (And great 'accident'!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how the inside turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, the bright green really pops on this. It turned out to be an awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card. I love how accidents sometimes give us the perfect inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, I love how that green panel pops out at you! And the inside is fabulous as well, I love the look of a sentiment stamped over another background stamp. Very elegant...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green and brown together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the inside sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it great how our accidents turn into something great? Love the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails