Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

You should be coming from Kathy Lickenbrock's blog 
if not keep hopping and you will make a complete circle.

This month is a scary stamp set called THRILLER! 
I usually don't buy things with skulls, but this was too darn cute.
Sorry if my pictures are a little fuzzy - the camera doesn't like the clear cards.
First of all the white spot is from my camera and the lights - can't get rid of that - sorry.   I used a clear square card and stamped the image on the card in black and again on white paper with red ink to give it a 3D Glasses effect and stagered the images so that they didn't line up perfectly - I don't think the picture shows the 3d Glasses effect that very well. I sanded the purple textured paper, tore it and used a black marker along the edge. I cut out the red heart and glued it on top of the card - it's the only piece of paper on the outside.
On the inside I stamped the edges with the skull stamp but I turned it upside down so that only the scrolls showed up on the edges.  I tore the edge of the white paper and then took a black ink pad and ran it along the torn edges.


Did you know you can get this for free?
If you place a qualifying order on my site -
I'm having a special this month - email me or go to my site for details!

Now go to Michelle Loncar Michelle Loncar to see even more great ideas for this stamp set!

11 comments:

  1. Nice idea - LOVE those clear cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the vintage look of this! Great job as always Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job - love the clear cards...yes, they can be a challenge to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cool! You can try turning your flash off the camera and the picture should come out AND not have the white spot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clear card and how you used the skull to get the scrollwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails